Saturday, January 22, 2011

As Rummble?s CEO Is Ousted, The Story Of A European Startup Unravels

Rummble, one the UK's oldest location-based reviews and social network which actually pre-dated Foursquare, has had its CEO removed by the board and now faces a radical shift away from it's consumer-facing service of four years towards a Business-to-Business future. What we know on the ground right now is that CEO Andrew Scott has departed the company; the existing staff remain in place and Rummble, while maintaining its web site and smartphone apps, is set to move forward towards a B2B strategy which is not white-label, but based on leveraging its core technology. Over the past week TechCrunch Europe has been delving into the story of why Rummble ended up in this situation, and where it goes from here. I have been covering Rummble for over 5 years. I had them pitch at startups events even before I joined TechCrunch and I've written about 45 posts mentioning them in the last three years. So I guess I feel I know the company quite well. So - to be blunt - what the hell happened?

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/sYzA6e13wBs/

FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS F5 NETWORKS EPICOR SOFTWARE EMULEX EMS TECHNOLOGIES EMC

No comments:

Post a Comment